Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring in Charlottesville

Since Spring is this very brief (the humidity starts early), allergy filled time here in Charlottesville all the activities are pretty well put into about 6 weekends. This is just not enough time.

Tonight we had a lovely picnic at Pen Park with the whole preschool. The place was filled with lovely picnic blankets and colorful dishes. This was a no waste picnic so we brought our own plates, silverware, cups etc. So much food- it was a potluck. The weather was so wonderful, I saw lots of new friends and some folks I hadnt seen in awhile.

Then off to the Dogwood Festival one more time, we got there around 7:30- the line for the ferris wheel was lengthy but no one complained. We left at 8:30 and people were pouring in, with little children, brave parents. David rode his first ferris wheel with Daddy and firefighter Chase. And I got my bike back (imagine me walking with my bike and two kids over the bridge to CHS with darkness quickly descending. I was a bit frazzled to say the least. Tomorrow I will ride my bike to my new job. How fun.

Boys are still not asleep so I better calm them down. Charlottesville is high energy in the spring, I am glad to be feeling better so I can enjoy it.

1 comment:

Patience_Crabstick said...

Yes, Charlottesville is high energy in the spring. I took my two youngest kids to the Dogwood festival, and was amused that the minute it was my kids' turn to ride the flying swings, the music they had going for that ride played "You shook me all night long" by AC/DC.

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...