Thursday, May 15, 2008

excuses, excuses...

Wow- those Clinton supporters are brutal- suddenly in the last two days crying sexism- not from the Obama campaign, because they cant point to anything there, but at the media. Of course, the Clinton supporters choose to target the Obama campaign- not Republicans the real anti-women/sexist group.

What is the problem? I am a woman, I recognize my own biases and certainly that of others, sexism is alive and well. I am proud that Hillary is a strong female candidate. I just dont agree with her.

The argument that if I dont agree with her, then I disagree with the Democratic party is specious at best and dangerous at worst. As all of us know about the 'big tent' that is the party, and my favorite 'dissent is the highest form of patriotism" I disagree regularly with the party and my fellow party members. I am kind of proud of my dissent/disagreeable nature (just kidding). How does change happen- people not agreeing and working together for a common end. Because Hillary honestly believes it is her way or the highway and uses mean-spirited, Rovian tactics to get her way. That is too close to the current administration for my comfort.

I support Obama- he is a male (forgive him for all the advantages conveyed to him as a result- oh wait...) but his message more closely reflects my own wishes for this country, while the policy is remarkably similar to Hillary- in that contest it has nothing to do with male/female but business as usual v. change.

1 comment:

Patience_Crabstick said...

I agree completely. And I resent it that as a woman, I'm supposed to vote for a woman, just because of her sex--a woman who callously exploited the people of my home state. I just can not like her.

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...