Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bipartisanship or something like that?

I have been mulling over the experience I had this past weekend at Sorenson. While I learned a great deal from the program (agriculture and negotiating public policy), I have found a few issues-

1. As all of you know I support Creigh Deeds. He has been a mentor and an inspiration to me. I admire his determination and intellect and his absolute commitment to serving all Virginians. I am not working for Senator Deeds, I will try to help him win by talking to people, raising money and blogging about him.

I find my competitive spirit towards those favoring Senator Deeds' opponent hindering my relationships with them. Its unfortunate because this bad feeling I have will be what is left (in the Party) after this bruising primary is over NEXT YEAR.

2. Attempting to overcome my utter repulsiveness towards those supporting the so-called Marriage Amendment, I sought out a classmate to assist. Needless to say, it did not go well.

SO here it is- three months into the program, I love it-but man I am uncomfortable. I suppose one has to be uncomfortable to learn. Is anyone else "learning", is this the way it is supposed to be?

No comments:

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...