Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Tyler Hamilton

Cycling news has an in depth series beginning today (it is 2 part this is part 1) on Tyler Hamilton's case before the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne. In September the Court held part 1 of the hearing, part two will be on January 10th. Hopefully a final opinion will be issued within thirty days.

Hamilton has defended his innocence since he was first implicated in blood doping. Sadly this article in cyclingnews.com does not help his case. It talks about 'leaked evidence' indicating blood doping beginning in the Spring of 2003 not just at the Vuelta.

I cant imagine going through all of this if I were guilty. I suppose some people have very large egos and think they can get away with it. I hope Tyler did not dope, if he did I hope he admits it, serves his time and comes back to race like Virenque who later won the King of the Mountains 7 times in the Tour de France. A rider can come back from doping, but he/she has to admit it, make amends and demonstrate ability without the doping.

No comments:

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...