Thursday, November 10, 2005

Books

Driving all over Virginia yesterday, I had the opportunity to listen to NPR a lot.
Two books really piqued my interest. The first story described the book Silver Spoon is an Italian cookbook with over 1200 pages/2000 recipes in it. This is apparently one of the staples of Italian cooking, the cookbook that everyone gets for the wedding. The cookbook sounds like a great tool for all kitchens, although it appears to have some rather obscure food (zucchini flower-its all the rage, but where do you find them?)

The other story on NPR involved the book- Hungry Planet: What the World Eats by Peter Menzel (photography) and Faith D'Aluisio.
The authors followed families all over the world for a week to see what they consumed. At the end of the time, the families posed for pictures with a week's worth of food. Fascinating stuff. The best food the authors had, acc to the NPR story was in Greenland where the seafood was very fresh.

No comments:

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...