Friday, November 18, 2005

Job search

The Brazen Careerist column in the Hook has some interesting comments this week. She points out based on a study she read that most people would prefer to have an incompetent leader that they liked than a hard worker who they didnt like. She goes on to detail what makes people like you. Fascinating, really useful.
Then this AM I was reading the Business section of the Post- this nugget resonated. Apparently "friends and family approaches to hiring are common, according to an unscientific poll."
So companies dont hire the most qualified because they hire their friends who help keep the unqualified people in their job even though they are incompetent. I am sure this resonants with all of us. I suppose the moral of the story is simply because people like you doesnt mean you are qualified to do your job...

No comments:

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...