Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This is the War we have to Win

9 American soldiers died in Afghanistan last week. The Coalition is abandoning the post where those men/women died. I am not concerned with strategy, I have to assume this is the right thing to do. But I am concerned about the message it sends. Are we committed to making Afghanistan part of the modern world? The answer must be yes- the Taliban harbored the terrorists, facilitated the training of people who have killed civilians all over the world and otherwise tortured its own people.

We are in a mess, two Wars- one completely unnecessary in the beginning, but obviously one we have to win now. But Afghanistan is fundamental, the War on Terrorism, is the war in Afghanistan, we must win and we must devote resources now.

No comments:

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...