Here are some Upcoming Charlottesville and Area Democratic Events:
1.Coordinated Campaign is canvassing and making phone calls every night. If you have time, please come and help out. 380 Rio Road East (the corner of Rio E & Hillsdale) Charlottesville, VA 22901 Main Phone Number (434) 326-1850; OFFICE Hours Monday-Thursday 9AM-10PM Saturday 10AM-6PM Sunday 12PM-10PM Volunteer Opportunities- call to schedule a time:
Phone Banking Monday-Thursday & Sunday Canvassing Monday-Thursday, Saturday & Sunday.The Chville Dems will be coordinating all of our efforts with the current campaigns, therefore we urge you to get in touch with the campaign of your choice and volunteer!
2. Obama Office Grand Opening 7-9PM 7/19 at the old A&N building on the downtown mall! We are also looking for matching donations to send Charlottesville's Delegate to Denver. Kristen Szakos was supported by the 5th District to be a representative for Barack Obama. We are proud to have one of our own attend, she is receiving private donations in order to attend, the Exec. Committee has a willingness to match $200 - help send Kristen to Denver by contributing today (contact me email@example.com for additional details) and your money will be worth twice as much, because the exec committee will match up to $200. Thank you in advance!
3. Tom Perriello will be throwing a BBQ & Bluegrass Picnic at the Tri-County Riding Club in Albemarle County. Come out and listen to the Perriello Pickers All-Star Bluegrass Band!
1619 Riding Club Road Keene, just south of Cville Minimum Donation: $15/person. Children under 12 free.
4.The executive committee of the Charlottesville Democratic Party has voted to donate $250 to the African American Cultural Heritage Festival (7/26 at Washington Park).
This festival is in its 20th year and annually turns out excellent programs that delight and educate hundreds of people. The Exec Committee is committed to increasing the total amount of the donation. We currently have $475 in donations including the original $250.
5. Saturday, August 2 Westhaven Community Day
The JFK CLub will again help out at Westhaven's annual Community Day. Volunteers are needed from 11-2. Please contact Russ Linden at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
6. Annual Outreach and Awards Picnic 8/16/2008 from 4-7:00, location The Park at UVA law school. We will honor the Scholarship Recipients, Drewary Brown Award Winner, Celebrate volunteers and have a grand time. Donations gratefully accepted, free food, entertainment.
7. We need some Charlottesville representatives to attend the Virginia Victory 2008 with special guests Governor Tim Kaine and Candidate for the U.S. Senate Governor Mark R. Warner Thursday, August 14, 2008 Science Museum of Virginia 2500 West Broad Street Richmond, Virginia 23220
Private Reception held in The Atrium from 5:30 pm until 6:30 pm
General Reception held in The Rotunda from 6:00 pm until 7:00 pm
Private Dinner held in RF&P Forum from 7:00 pm until 8:30 pm
Contact David Riordan at 703.636.7265 or email@example.com
$5,000 Host Couple (invited to attend all Receptions and Dinner);
$2,500 Host Individual (invited to attend all Receptions and Dinner);
$1,000 Friend (invited to attend all Receptions); $100 Supporter (invited to attend General Reception).