Friday, March 03, 2006

Chick Corea and Touchstone

Last night I volunteered at another great show at the Paramount, Chick Corea & Touchstone.. The show featured a spanish dancer, Auxi Fernandez. The theater was not sold out, but the crowd was really into it.

Chick Corea is a great jazz piano player (I learned), the band included a flutist, two drummers and a bass. The dancing really made the show interesting. I liken it to taking pictures of a beautiful view or landmark- sure it is interesting, BUT when you include a person in the picture I find the picture that much more interesting. Jazz bands are interesting and this one more interesting than most, but add a dancer performing tap and flamenco style dancing it is fascinating.

The theater was testing a sound system for representatives of other venues, it was awesome. The Paramount is not in the market for such a sound system according to the executive director, Chad Hershner, BUT I think a better sound system would make the theater that much better of a venue for folks who are not in the front rows. While introducing the band, Chad solicited suggestions for next year, email him and tell him.

No comments:

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...