Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Patrick Swayze is ill

Pancreatic Cancer- I hate that disease. Dirty Dancing is one of my iconic movies; I had the soundtrack (we couldnt afford to own movies, but occasionally we rented them) and wanted to be Jennifer Grey's character and camp upstate in the summer and meet handsome older boys...all the while demonstrating my maturity and compassion and being severly misunderstood by the grown-ups in my life.
I am stunned, removed from the situation I am not overly morose, but it does bum me out that the strong and handsome hero of Dirty Dancing has grown fallable and old. I suppose it is the birthday month phenomena where I get all nostalgic and sentimental because man I am getting old. Alas his illness has little to do with me and I will just pray, like I pray for all that he will be supported by his loved ones, comfortable and receiving good medical care.

2 comments:

Patience_Crabstick said...

That's too bad. And he's not all that old, either. Fifty-five, I think? (Although it seems he'd be younger.)

mckora said...

The things we learn... FYI it's Sherry's favorite movie too.

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...