Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The fight has just begun

From Senator Obama's Facebook notice:
Our projections show the most likely outcome of yesterday's elections will be that Hillary Clinton gained 187 delegates, and we gained 183.
That's a net gain of 4 delegates out of more than 370 delegates available from all the states that voted.
For comparison, that's less than half our net gain of 9 delegates from the District of Columbia alone. It's also less than our net gain of 8 from Nebraska, or 12 from Washington State. And it's considerably less than our net gain of 33 delegates from Georgia.
The task for the Clinton campaign yesterday was clear. In order to have a plausible path to the nomination, they needed to score huge delegate victories and cut into our lead.
They failed.


I, for one, will be content if Obama comes out with the gloves off. He is winning- she is the one destroying the party for her own ego, IMO. Perhaps when I start Sorenson next week, sense will be restored, but in the middle of a brutal nomination fight when I think the other side isnt playing fair- well I think its time to remind Americans what it was like- and how the divisiveness and polarization started during that time, continues unabated now and will NOT stop unless someone new comes into office.

No comments:

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...