Thursday, March 06, 2008

Dont Tell Chris- another Email from Obama; another donation

Si Se Puede.
Every month now I have been receiving this Donate email and I gratefully donate again (see below).
Chris supports Senator Obama, but he rightly knows my new activity takes money out of the budget. He has not been critical- I think he knows, we have to support Senator Obama not only through the act of voting but through financial support. $55 million last month- we didnt donate a lot, but we helped, as many others have. Continue your support of Sen Obama and donate AGAIN!

"But today I want to share another staggering number: supporters like you donated more than $55 million to this campaign in the month of February.
That's a humbling achievement, and I am very grateful for your support.
No campaign has ever raised this much in a single month in the history of presidential primaries. But more important than the total is how we did it -- more than 90% of donations were $100 or less, and more than 385,000 new donors in February pushed us past our goal of more than 1,000,000 people owning a piece of this campaign.
From the beginning, this campaign has always been funded by a movement of grassroots supporters giving whatever they can afford. And unlike Senator Clinton and Senator McCain, we have never taken money from lobbyists or PACs.
Senator Clinton has decided to use her resources to wage a negative, throw-everything-including-the-kitchen-sink campaign. John McCain has clinched the Republican nomination and is attacking us daily. But I will continue to vigorously defend my record and make the case for change that will improve the lives of all Americans.
I need your help to continue this battle on two separate fronts. Now is the time to step up and own a piece of this campaign.
Please make a donation of $25 today:"
DONATE NOW

No comments:

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...