Friday, August 01, 2008

Sleep Apnea does long term harm

I never really stopped breathing in my sleep. I just had to move to finish my breath.
Symptoms include: Loud and intermittent snoring is one warning signal. The person who has sleep apnea may experience a choking sensation, early-morning headaches, or extreme daytime sleepiness as well. His bed partner or roommate might comment on his excessive body movements or his snorting or gasping for breath during sleeping. From this website.

Sleep apnea will kill you if left untreated.

Suffering from sleep apnea may do more than just spoil a good night's sleep. A new study shows that people with severe sleep apnea may be up to three times more likely to die prematurely, and that risk increases if the sleep disorder is left untreated. Sleep apnea is a common sleeping disorder that causes frequent pauses in breathing during sleep and is often accompanied by snoring. About 6% of adults in the U.S. suffer from moderate to severe forms of the condition, and 17% have less severe forms. From WebMD article.

See your doctor immediately if you suspect sleep apnea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good public service announcement. I hope to call you soon and have a very long talk that circles would envy. Give everyone my love and kisses.

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...