Saturday, October 29, 2005

Ten Miler Training

The Charlottesville Track Club graciously provudes training for those of us who want to participate in the Charlottesville Ten Miler (held on April 1, 2006 next time). I am in program 1, meaning I have not run any discernible distance for a long time. Today we walk/ran 3/4 of a mile. I am very proud- one has to start somewhere. Mark (owner Ragged Mountain Running Shop) is hilarious, he talked a lot this morning (apparently that will not always be the case).
The real test will be Monday when I have to get up early and run by myself. I am looking for running partners (beginners) to assist with this project. I dont have to run/walk far but will the motivation be there? I really am happy right now because it feels so good to exercise, if only I could bottle this feeling to remind myself how good it feels to exercise.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...