Monday, October 31, 2005

Ivan Basso News

I totally disagree with Ivan's decision to skip the Giro d'Italia. He is skipping the Giro to focus on the Tour de France. I understand two majors is a huge commitment. BUT my thinking is Basso did extremely well in both of the races, why would he change his training this year?

Basso to skip Giro, concentrate on the Tour CSC's Ivan Basso has confirmed that he will skip the Giro d'Italia this year. "I want to totally concentrate on the Tour de France," he said. Basso is considered one of the favourites to win the Tour in 2006. He plans a new race program leading up to next year's race. "I have set new goals for the spring and plan to start in one or more of the Classics," he added, especially thinking about Liege-Bastogne-Liege. Courtesy of Susan Westemeyer

I love opportunities to see Ivan racing, so it is mere selfishness on my part. I heard talk last night from Sean that Jan Ullrich may race the Giro. I sincerely doubt it since Basso isnt going to be there and Italy would eat Jan for lunch. (I would love to see it though). Sean was right about Basso so I reserve the right to be wrong.

One thing I did learn this weekend- Lance is not a good actor. However, I enjoy any opportunity for cyclists to be part of the mainstream culture so I loved it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If he's going to skip one, he should skip the Tour -- I think he'd be more likely to win the Giro. Though I think Ullrich would give Basso a real run for his money in the Giro. :)

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...