Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Democrats- Too passive?

NY Times article today regarding the strategy of the Democratic Party. I usually rail on the dems for their complacency this article says some 'senior' members of the party agree with me.
Frequently I suspect since I am not in the 'know' that the party is actually creating or implementing a strategy to win back the Congress and Presidency. This article confirms my worst fears that the party is not doing anything. I sense that the Republicans are always plotting, planning and no detail is too small to overlook in their quest to retain the majority. Small detail: an article Newsweek last week noted that fundamentalists are training students to debate in huge numbers, any concerted efforts to even find potential party leaders in DP?
Ever since I heard about the Republican Tuesday morning group in Virginia- I wonder if the Dems in VA or national have such a thing- a safe place to debate and strategize. Republicans got into power by taking a page from the Dem playbook, it seems only fair to return the favor.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for your comment, too bad about the woman, she will see the error of her ways someday.
I think complacency is a failure of leadership to rally the rank and file around a set of ideals. The ideals have to be hammered out with the assistance of some rank and file- instead it seems we cannabolize (?) each other and no one can find anything to rally around even though the alternative is ... choose your own adjective.

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...