Monday, November 23, 2020

Nourishing Habits and liberating mindset

I have a list or two, as I create them frequently. 
The most recent list says the following: WHAT TO DO RIGHT NOW? and I list 9 items.

At the bottom of the list is says THINGS NOT TO DO RIGHT NOW! and there are four things. 

What does this have to do with anything? I am trying to explain my reappearance on the blog. #6 on my what to do right now is "write about anything"  since I am trying not to do one of the not to do right now things (eat/Facebook/Twitter/buy shit), well, here I am. 

I have run my last election in Charlottesville. I feel a lot more free to say things that I would not have said over the last decade, actually give me another few weeks and I will feel a lot more free.

As chair of the board the past two years, I have felt a responsibility not to be too free with my personal opinions (at least in public) in order to avoid confusion. 

Much has changed over the past decade in Charlottesville and the pace of change appears to be speeding up now. 

My quaint little blog from before I was elected, when I was practicing law, when I only had two then three kids, and now, I have four, oh and never mind the changes in the state of marriage. It's a lot to catch up on and it's too overwhelming to even consider. 

Today though maybe I move forward and write one thing- anything- and that leads to writing more. And maybe there will be valuable things for the readers to see and read about. Maybe I will be able to finally say things that I have been thinking and saying privately, that the reader may want to hear about. 

And to my poor grammar and punctuation loving friends, I am so sorry. I should make a disclaimer for you all especially, grammar is not a high priority for me. I can do it when called upon, although if you see a mistake over and over again, I am happy to adjust if you tell me how wrong it is! 

I know how much content there is right now. I hope to create something folks might be interested in reading about on the following subjects: motherhood, education policy, local Cville politics and happenings, music, relationships, and other things like mental health/what I am reading and learning/law related things/baseball/sports. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...