Monday, November 30, 2020

Hot Take: Last.Fm

Music fans know about last.fm. Alas, I only learned more about music about two or three years ago. Which, of course, is about 15 years after the height of last.fm.  But I still find the platform useful. 

1.  LISTS- of course you know I love lists. This platform allows me to see which songs I have been listening to. 

2. Last.fm gives me weekly reports of the when and what music I have been listening to as well

3. It provides suggestions of new songs to listen to based on the music I have been playing.

It can connect to all of the various music playing platforms, including YouTube and Bandcamp (with a special plug in on the Chrome), so you can always know what youve been listening to. You can also enter in the shows you have visited. I did enjoy this feature for a long time, like when we were able to go to shows, but I have stopped using it as much. 

I wish more of my friends were on Last.fm so I could see to what they were listening, I am sure in the heyday, this was a great social platform that gave some small bands a chance in this hyper competitive music world. 

No comments:

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...