Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only two reasons. However, I have made some purchases that I am glad I did in the past nine months.  Despite H's disdain for all things Amazon, many of my purchases have been from there. I have been slowly weaning myself from the rush of purchasing something and having it two days later, I dont know how that gets to be addicting. I will get addicted to literally anything- annoying. 

Apparel

For some reason in March I needed to buy ALL OF THE LOUNGEWEAR- my need to do so continues now that the weather has turned chilly again. This was my first purchase upon my quarantining on 3/17 Women's Lightweight Lounge Terry Pajama Pant $18 what a steal!  Only problem with these is there are no pockets, I still love them lots.  All Day Sweatpant $88 a FB friend from high school swears by these pants and insisted it was reasonable to spend any amount of money for these. I am glad I tried them, I think with some code I got 20% off. They have pockets which is great for carrying around a work phone while wrangling children to remote school corners. This long sleeve hooded pullover ($28) was all over my social media feeds for awhile before I decided I must have it. And I gotta tell you, I love it. No pockets in the hoody, but it is cozy and perfect after a workout or a shower or lounging generally.  

Miscellaneous items: 

Sprinkler-$14 with the return of warm weather but not public pools or spray grounds, I began to amass fun water things. Kids were not impressed. We had one fun day when it was 60 degrees outside, but when the weather turned actually warm, they didnt want it. Of course, I thought I should double down on my purchases, and I got this pool ($39) and later this cover ($14). Failures all the way around. I am not the kind of person who will take care of a pool the way it needs to be taken care, this is why I live in a city with a lot of public pools and spray grounds. Alas, the kids spent a majority of their time on the devices and fighting, a good summer.

Working from home had me standing to do work on the computer. I liked it, so when I could return to the office, I got this stand up desk ($92.04). I love it! I find it easy to move it up and down and when my watch tells me to stand up, I can easily continue my work. At some point, but not on Amazon apparently, I got myself a Nespresso Machine ($99). I wanted frothy coffee without going to the coffee shop. This machine delivers. EXCEPT FOR ONE BIG ISSUE, the capsules are ridiculously expensive and one has to send the capsules back to recycle them which in the middle of a pandemic is too much for me. BUT I love the coffee and I love my machine. 

Since I dont have all day to write this post, I will stop now. Next time, I will talk about all the plane tickets I bought...kidding. I want to tell you all about the foot bath, the NuFace Mini ($153.00), the ring light (a dud for me $36), the coffee cup (the one I bought is no longer for sale, but they have great merch), the fun shirt, the silk pillow cases ($32.97), the small dehumidifier ($39.99), nevermind the many totes, books (for me and for the kids and for friends), hats (mine is off-white and I got outside of Wrigley), and shirts (I got the grown up version which is sold out, such a great, soft shirt). 

No comments:

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...