Saturday, August 16, 2008

Picnic at the Park

The Park is a wonderful place for a picnic for 200+ of your friends. The Charlottesville Democrats gathered today for its annual outreach and awards picnic. Mark Warner was the headliner, alas he did not attend as a result of a flare up of a sports injury. He had to cancel his appearance at all of the events which was at least 5 events that I knew about.

Creigh Deeds did an able job in Mark Warner's place, he noted the work that lay ahead and the importance of the work. Senator Deeds knows something about getting out the vote, so he is very keen on the registration efforts of the Obama campaign.

Delegate David Toscano and Tom Perriello spoke towards the end of the event. Tom Perriello was really inspiring- bringing about a new brand of politics to Washington, DC, this is something to be proud of, and Tom is the real deal.

Thank you to all of those who attended, I had a great time meeting all the new folks in town and catching up with those I hadnt seen in awhile. Mel's Diner did a fantastic job catering, everyone loved the food, and the sweet potato pie is ... sublime, thanks to Holly Edwards for reminding us to get dessert.

No comments:

Pandemic Purchases part 1

I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...