On the cusp of peace, ok still really a long way from peace in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, still somewhat closer than they have been in a long time a leader is struck down, perhaps not permanently (hopefully not). This is the second leader whose health (or life as in Rabin's case) has or may derail(ed) his contributions to the long term peace prospects in the Middle East. WP writes about Sharon's condition. CNN still has articles on Rabin's death ten years ago.
Domestic concerns on both sides also dominate since elections are upcoming (or continually postponed in Palestinian areas). Naively I know, I continue to pray for peace so people can live their lives and raise their children without war as a backdrop.
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pandemic Purchases part 1
I am never going to be an influencer. I realize this because I am terrible about hyperlinking and I am old. Of course, those are the only tw...
-
During the run up to the election, Coy, host of Charlottesville...Right Now, argued Albemarle County residents have a real investment in the...
-
That is the question. Typically I would be talking about running in the form of exercise, but this time I am considering running for City Co...
-
Over on www.CvilleNews.com , a commenter (hey Karl) asks 'what is the backstory here?' with respect to the new EMS program at the fi...
No comments:
Post a Comment